Bite-sized bits of North Pole magic, these Pretzel Santa Hats are just what your holiday needs! This delectable balance of salty and sweet is a wonderful way to give everyone an irresistible taste of the Christmas spirit. Pretzel Santa Hats are a fun and easy Christmas recipe to make. You need a few simple ingredients and you will be soon making plenty of these Santa Hats on your own.
Pretzel Santa Hats
This recipe is easy to make and fun for kids of all ages to participate in. One of my favorite things about the holidays is cooking and baking. In fact, I’ve been having so much fun cooking and crafting that I’m behind on all of my holiday shopping (really behind!). I love turning on Christmas music, turning on all of our lighted Christmas decor, and having fun. This year we have 2 large Christmas trees and 2 small Christmas trees:) I love the holiday ambiance.
You will need need pretzels, sprinkles, marshmallows, and candy melts to make these adorable sweet and salty Santa Pretzel Hats. Sweet, salty, and delicious. Oh so very adorable! Turn the pretzels as shown below, and fill the inside with red melted candy, as seen in the video. They almost look like red hearts!
Once the red is dry, which only takes a few minutes, it’s time to put the white at the bottom of the Santa hats. It’s important to work quickly before the white melted candy dries because this is when you add the white sprinkles. Once the white candy is dry, the sprinkles won’t stick anymore.
Finally, cut a mini marshmallow in half and stick them to the top of the Santa hats. Using a dab of melted candy will ensure the tiny marshmallow stays in place. Once the hats are dry, they will easily lift up from the wax paper to enjoy!
What’s on your holiday baking list? And please tell me you’re not done shopping yet either!
More Christmas Recipes to Try Next:
You Will Need
- Red Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- White Sanding Sugar or Small Sprinkles
- Mini Marshmallows
Other Supplies Needed:
- Wax Paper
- Microwavable Containers
- Cup and Ziplock Bag for Piping the Melted Candy
- Prepare your work surface with wax paper. This prevents the pretzels from sticking
- Melt the red candy melts according to the directions on the packaging (in small intervals)
- Place a ziplock baggie folded over a cup and pour the red candy melts inside the baggie
- Snip the corner of the baggie off and fill in the pretzels with the melted red candy, as pictured and seen in the video
- Let the red candy dry
- Repeat steps #2-#4 with the white candy melts
- Add the white melted candy to the lower half of each pretzel
- Quickly add white sprinkles over the white candy before it dries (kids are great at this job!)
- Cut a mini marshmallow in half, dab a little melted chocolate on the sticky side, and place it on the top of the hat
- Allow the pretzels to dry completely and enjoy!