Happy Holidays! Here at Smart School House, we look forward to baking and cooking all season long. What’s my most favorite part of big holiday meals? The leftovers! Our Turkey Cranberry Poppers are are buttery biscuits filled with delicious leftover turkey (or ham), cranberry sauce, gravy, and stuffing! What is there not to love about these? It’s a creative way to enjoy the food in the fridge after a big holiday meal.
Turkey Cranberry Poppers
One of my most favorite sandwiches is made with turkey and cranberry sauce. I look forward to eating them for a few days after both Thanksgiving and Christmas! If you have left over turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas (or appreciate a good leftover recipe with a twist) these poppers are for you! Enjoy!
The only extra thing you’ll need for this recipe apart from your leftovers are some biscuits. I suggest the butter flavored biscuits for this recipe. Each biscuit is then split in half. Don’t worry, as you can see in the video, pulling them apart into 2 pieces is very easy. Therefore, you’ll end up with 16 Turkey Cranberry Poppers at the end.
Once the biscuits are separated into halves, pat them down to make them thinner and a little larger. This will help fill them up with all of your leftovers! If you prefer turkey, go for it! Have additional leftovers you just know will taste amazing inside, do it!
Turkey Cranberry Poppers
I prefer to warm up the leftovers a little before starting (except for the cranberry sauce, that is). Since the Turkey Cranberry Poppers bake relatively quickly, I think it’s best to try and use warm ingredients when assembling them. I start with a little gravy at the bottom, some bite sized pieces of turkey or ham, then a little stuffing and cranberry sauce. Since cranberry sauce is my favorite, I always add extra to mine:)
Now for the fun part, gently pull up the sides of the biscuits and pinch them at the top. Don’t worry if you feel like it’s a bit messy, that’s ok! The biscuits are very forgiving so it’s easy to pull and shape the bread dough as needed. Next, place them a couple inches apart on a baking sheet. I prefer to line my baking sheets with parchment paper, but if you don’t have parchment paper, spray a little non-stick spray on first.
After a little baking, spread some melted butter on top and serve! Consider having some warm gravy and extra cranberry sauce on the side for dipping. TRUST ME, they’re even more delicious with gravy to dip in! But hey, if you’re like me, having extra cranberry sauce on the side makes these buttery biscuits incredible!
More Holiday Recipes to Try Next:
Turkey Cranberry Poppers Recipe
You Will Need
- Butter Flavored Grands Biscuits
- Leftover turkey or ham cut into small bite sized pieces
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- Warm gravy
- Warm leftover stuffing
- 1 TBS melted butter
Other Supplies Needed:
- 2 Baking sheets
- Parchment paper or non-stick spray
- Basting brush
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or prepare it with non-stick spray
- Separate each biscuit in half (as seen in the video)
- Press on each biscuit half to make it flatter and larger (as seen in video)
- Place a little warm gravy, turkey or ham, stuffing, and cranberry sauce in the middle of each biscuit
- Wrap the sides up of the biscuits up and pinch the center making a ball.
- If the food starts to spill out, push it back in and continue to “seal” the biscuit… they’re easy to work with!
- Place the poppers seal side down on the baking sheets and bake for about 14 minutes or until golden
- Melt the butter and brush it on top of the baked biscuits
- Serve immediately with warm gravy and extra cranberry sauce for dipping!